12/04/2018

PTK Officer Election - Ballot Open

illustration of a hand dropping a ballot into a box

PTK Honor Society members can now vote for the chapter officer positions of vice president of scholarship, vice president of leadership, and Madison metro campuses rep. The election ballot is now open through Dec 9.

»Check your email for your link to the ballot.

Meet the Candidates

Vice President of Leadership – Brandy Nobles (Liberal Arts transfer program)

Why are you interested in serving as an officer for PTK?
I have been an officer, VP of Scholarship, for the last year and am excited about the opportunity to continue to expand my leadership skills and serve in a different capacity.

What skills and abilities do you have that would make you a good fit for this position?
My experience as an officer helps me bring a great deal to the team. I already know a lot about how the chapter and PTK works and can build on my experience to support the duties of VP of Leadership.

What would you like to see improved by serving as an officer in the organization?
I would love to see more general PTK members become more active, as well as take part of the President's Challenge! I would also love to see the officers take more lead on challenges, and projects as well!

Co-Vice President of Scholarship – Gentiana Jonuzi (Liberal Arts transfer program)

I believe that leadership opportunities help me grow as a person. I have had many leadership positions in the past, and I will bring these skills with me as the Vice President of Scholarship.

This is my first semester of college, and before this I went to Middleton High School. I was the Vice President of Middleton Girl Up Club and the President of Safety For Syrians there. I think that I have the adequate leadership skills that this position needs. Additionally, because I have experienced being a leader in different fields, this helps give me a strong base a leader. As well, I come from a diverse background. My parents came here as refugees from Yugoslavia, so I believe I can bring in a new perspective to the table.

I know that as the Vice President, I will get to work with scholarships. I am currently doing a research project about women and scholarships in my Introduction to Women's Studies class. Minorities and women statistically have more debt coming out of college. If I could have the chance, I would work very hard toward making scholarships opportunities more accessible to the people that need it most. College debt in the United States is already out of hand, I would love to guide people toward a more debt-free future.

Co-Vice President of Scholarship – Katrina Willis (Medical Coding Specialist program)

I am interested in serving as an officer for PTK because I would like to use my time and talents to promote the mission and values of PTK. I would like to apply the skills I have acquired in my role as a leader at Madison College to support and benefit the phenomenal work that PTK is doing.

It is both an honor and a privilege to serve as an officer for PTK. I served as the Vice President of Fellowship during the 2017-18 academic year and improved my leadership abilities. I would like to facilitate Beta Beta Psi Chapter receiving top honors in both the Honors in Action Project and the College Project at Internationals. I would also like to win Violet back. Additionally, I would like to facilitate the implementation of parliamentarian procedures at every PTK meeting.

The skills and abilities that I have that make me a good fit for this position are:

1) I'm a servant leader.
2) Passionate and dedicated to assisting others.
3) Possess superior research, communication, customer service, and networking skills.
4) Insatiable thirst for knowledge, which once gained, I'm willing to share.
5) Can speak to the benefits of active participation in PTK.
6) Worked on 2 HIA Projects and 1 College Project (so far).
7) Relish opportunities to collaborate with other student leaders and organizations to benefit all students.
8) Still coaching Scholars of Promise Students since getting involved during the 2017 College Project.
9) Experience participating in the Induction Ceremony.
10) Comfortable using parliamentary procedures and have access to resources to teach others.

I love to gather and share relevant information with others. For example, I direct students on where and how to apply for scholarships. I also share with students where opportunities are that they should pursue. I currently collaborate with Dr. Daniels, the President's Cabinet, the District Board, faculty, staff, college administrators, Wisconsin Student Government, student leaders throughout the state, and students, as well as community leaders (including at the regional campuses). I would like to use my network to help uplift PTK and increase participate by PTK members at all campuses.

I still believe that PTK can improve member acceptance and participation by increasing engagement at all campuses, especially the regional campuses. I would like to increase member participation in PTK sponsored events by 15%. I would like to increase the number of Madison College students who apply for PTK scholarships by 20%. I would also like to improve brand and value recognition for our members.

Madison Metro Campuses Representative – Brittany Campbell (Liberal Arts transfer program)

I am eager to continue my service in PTK in a different manner. With plans to run for a regional officer position in the Spring I want to stay involved directly with the Beta Beta Psi chapter. I am hopeful that continuing as a representative for the metro campus I will be an valuable part of the team still.

I have almost one semester completed as the VP of Leadership. I'm currently the SAB representative for PTK and an active member of the Service Committee. I already have a good working relationship with others in PTK and the advisors. I'm also an active member of SLA eager to complete more volunteer opportunities in the future.

I would like to see more collaboration between the campuses. Whether it be directly involving them in events going on at the Truax campus or finding a way to bring the events to the other campuses in a possibly modified manner.

Club/Organization