PTK Officer Elections - Ballot Open

05/08/2019
dropping ballot in box

PTK Honor Society members can now vote for the chapter officer positions of vice president of scholarship, vice president of leadership, and Madison metro campuses rep. The election ballot is now open through May 10.

»CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR YOUR LINK TO THE BALLOT.

Meet the Candidates

President – Boh Kyeong Suh (Dental Hygiene Program)

Why are you interested in serving as an officer for PTK?
I have learned so much about various opportunities through PTK, so I want to help the future PTK members with what I have learned so far as a part of the PTK.

What skills and abilities do you have that would make you a good fit for this position?
I have done many hours of volunteering, so I can provide help to those who would like to serve the community.

What would you like to see improved by serving as an officer in the organization?
The PTK has done a great job with providing service hours so far, and I would like to discuss with other PTK officers and members to create more service events to make the PTK proud.

Vice President of Service – Brooke Slinde (Veterinary Technician Program)

My interest in becoming a PTK officer has stemmed from need to do good and make a positive change in the Madison College community. Within the scope of the Madison College community, I believe I can serve and lead others. After reading the duties and responsibilities of the Vice President of Service, the duties seemed interesting and within the realm of what appeals to me and what I would (hopefully) do well at. Given I am pursuing a career in healthcare field, the VP of service naturally made sense to me. I genuinely like to help others and like to make a positive change, with this position, I believe I can.

I had been a member of PTK for the past two years and have participated in the Honors in Action project (HIA) this past semester. After joining PTK and the HIA project, I was able to gain confidence and learn more about the inner workings of our college’s PTK chapter. Our group met regularly, researched and implemented a topic into a service project.

This past spring, I was lucky enough to be invited with the PTK officer team to the Wisconsin Regional Conference. There, I was able to network with PTK members across the state, connecting with and cultivating friendships. Throughout the conference, I learned more about PTK and the officers within my chapter.

Other than PTK, I have been in several clubs that utilized volunteer work and/or academics. During high school, I was in a member of my school’s National Honor Society and Key Club. I was also an active member in 4-H where I participated in serval service projects and volunteer opportunities.

Lastly, I believe I am an organized person who is determined and driven. I believe that I work hard and try to plan things out as much as I can.

Overall, I think Madison College’s PTK chapter has great ideas and has a very active presence in the Madison College community. As an officer, I would like to bring new ideas to the table, especially relating to service projects and member involvement and recruitment. As each member has different interests and passions, I believe my experiences and ideas can bring new light to the club. I hope to continue on with success of Madison College’s PTK chapter.

Vice President of Fellowship – Arina Burovtsova (Liberal Arts Transfer Program)

A position as one of PTK Officers would give me a chance to enhance my leadership skills and network with students from all over the country who are not only smart but also very passionate about growing, learning new things, being successful in the future and helping others.

I know these positions involve lots of teamwork and group projects, and I know this is a work style in which I can achieve a higher level of my skills because I have the ability to work within a group effectively. For example, my current job as a student assistant at Center for International Education involves a lot of team projects such as study abroad and orientations for incoming students. As a student assistant, I developed many of the skills required for PTK officer job, including being organized, maintaining important documents and students’ files, answering emails in a short period of time, working on multiple projects and promoting Madison College’s programs.

I would like to engage students to join PTK community and show them how beneficial it can be because a lot of them have never heard of PTK and honors projects.

Vice President of Communications – Ayelen Bravo (Marketing Program)

First, I think it's a great organization full of opportunities for scholarships, networking, skill development, among others. Second, I have felt very comfortable and welcomed when talking with PTK officers and other members. Third, I am a Marketing student and I think being a PTK officer can enhance my resume and will likely improve my academic and job opportunities. Lastly, I love to challenge myself and I think being a PTK officer is perfect for that.

I consider myself organized, oriented to details, reliable, and I have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as time management skills. In addition, other skills I have that are a good fit for the position are accuracy and attention to detail, team player, multitasking, and I am bilingual (my native language is Spanish), which can be valuable for talking with students and faculty members who prefer to speak in Spanish. In terms of marketing related skills, I learned this semester how to use Photoshop (basic) and Publisher (for Newsletters for example) in the Marketing Design Strategies class. Also, I have used different social media platforms as well as Wordpress, and I am volunteering with American Marketing Association Madison chapter since January of this year in the role "Content Development Lead" (social media planning and posting, and writing for the Blog).

By serving as an officer in the organization I would like to see more awareness of PTK activities as well as "how to become a member" because of an improved communications program and system. In addition, more and easier to understand information about scholarships, awards, and PTK benefits in general. I would also like more frequent and detailed information about meetings and projects, so everyone related to PTK Madison college chapter is aware of what is going in the most constant way possible.

Eastern Region Representative (Fort Atkinson/Watertown Campuses) – Breanna Zabel (Associate Degree Nursing Program)

I am interested in serving as an officer for PTK because I believe it is important to be involved on your school campus and promote the organizations you believe in. PTK has outstanding opportunities for students and I would like to promote those opportunities more within the Madison campus and the Regional campuses.

I am the President of the Eastern Region Student Nurses' Association, the Eastern Regional Director for the Wisconsin Student Nurses' Association, Regional Senator for the Watertown Campus and a Student Ambassador at the Watertown Campus. These positions have helped me grow my leadership skills and have given me the opportunity to make a difference within my campus and for the students I represent. In addition, these positions give me the opportunity to inform students at all campuses about the opportunities that the college offers. I would like to continue serving my college and the students to make sure their voice is heard and they have the best college experience.

I would like to improve the representation and presence at the regional campuses and provide more knowledge about PTK to the students who qualify.

Club/Organization