As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we want to help Madison College students navigate the resources available to them if they’ve been impacted by the coronavirus. Explore the information below to help take control of your finances during this high-stress situation.
uwcu.org | Madison College, 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704
608-232-5000 | 800-533-6773
UW Credit Union Support
Your current bank or credit union may have resources available to you. If you are having trouble making your loan payments or paying bills, talk to your financial institution first. They likely have options available to help you. If you are already a UW Credit Union member, our pandemic support includes:
- Emergency Loans for Members: Existing UW Credit Union members who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 can apply for a low-rate personal loan of up to $2,500 to help with budgeting concerns. These loans are specifically to help members who are facing financial hardship due to lost or reduced income.
- Loan Payment Deferment: If a member is concerned about their UWCU loan payments during COVID-19, we have options that might help. Members can request up to three months of no payments on most loans and lines of credit in good standing, as well as mortgage forbearance on eligible mortgage loans.
- Branch Staff Availability: While our lobby service is suspended temporarily, our drive-ups are open. Members can also access their accounts 24/7 at home through Web Branch and our Mobile App. Popular features include mobile deposit, online payments, and card management. New users can sign up for Web Branch in a few minutes.
- GreenPath: GreenPath Financial Wellness is a nonprofit partner of UWCU that helps people create a plan to manage their money, get out of debt, and make housing decisions. Individuals struggling with debt can schedule a phone appointment with a specialist to discuss their financial situation and look at setting up a debt management plan.
They also have several articles, webinars, coaches, and calculators on their website.
- Financial Education Resources: UWCU has articles on handling financial setbacks, managing financial stress, shopping strategically, and retooling your budget when things are tight.
Economic Impact Stimulus Payment Website
IRS Economic Impact Payment Portal: Did you get your $1,200 economic impact payment? Are you entitled to a payment? The IRS has set up a website with tools to help find out if you are eligible, as well as resources to ensure the IRS has the correct information for where to deliver funds. If you have not already received payment, we encourage you to visit this website to see if you qualify and update your information.
- Health, Food, and Community Resources: List provided by Madison College for individuals in need of food, mental health care, support for survivors of domestic abuse, baby supplies, pet supplies, and resources for unemployment.
- UW Extension: Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19: Resources for free financial counseling, steps to take if individuals are struggling making payments, and links to resources for requesting unemployment benefits, food assistance, childcare, paying utilities, and more.
- 2-1-1 United Way of Dane County Crisis Line: Whether in need of financial assistance, food resources, housing search, addiction treatment, health care, mental health, or heating and utilities assistance, 2-1-1 specialists will talk to you to find out what you need and walk you through all the options to find the right service or program to fit your needs.
- Urban League of Greater Madison COVID-19 Workforce Relief and Recovery Initiative: Resources for individuals who have been furloughed, laid-off, or are underemployed. Individuals can receive job leads, coaching, and assistance with cover letters and resumes from experienced employment specialists all at no cost.
UW Credit Union Staff Availability
While the lobbies are closed, our staff is still available to help you, and our drive-ups open. Please reach out to us with any financial questions or concerns. Our Financial Specialists are available during regular business hours to help you navigate through these times. You can get in touch with us in any of the following ways:
- Call our main number to reach a member specialist at (608) 232-5000.
- Visit any of our community branches through the drive-up.
- Contact one of our Madison College Financial Specialists directly.
Phone: (608) 232-9000 ext. 2622
Phone: (608) 232-9000 ext. 1934