On Monday, June 29, we are updating Blackboard Learn with a new Navigation menu. This new navigation has a sleek, modern look and feel and will save you time and provide you with easier access to important information.
We bet you have questions, so we launched a website to provide you with advanced knowledge of the update: https://madisoncollege.edu/blackboard-ultra/
So what is Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation?
A modern, intuitive navigation menu lives outside of courses. It includes links to new pages such as the Activity Stream, Calendar, Messages, etc. that provide quick access to the most critical information consolidated from all your courses.
What does this mean for me?
- Blackboard will be temporarily unavailable starting at 12:00 a.m. Saturday, June 27th until 5:00 p.m. Sunday, June 28th.
- Your courses will not change. They will look and function exactly as they do now
- Starting June 29th, you will see the new navigation as soon as you log into Blackboard Learn
How will this enhance your efficiency and experience?
- Works well on mobile devices. This navigation was designed to work regardless of which device you are using.
- Streamlines important information. All your course and organization information – i.e., calendar, messages and grades – are consolidated into one global view, minimizing the time spent navigating into each individual course.
- Only one click away. See something that needs your attention? Click on it and you will be taken there, minimizing clicks and saving time.
Where can I find more information?
Want to learn more? Here are a few useful Blackboard websites:
Madison College Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation Website
Blackboard Help: Student assistance using the new Ultra Base Navigation