Here are some important details for you to know about the upcoming Spring Primary Election on February 16:
Register: You can register to vote, check your voter registration status, request an absentee ballot, get election updates and more at the college's Turbovote site.
Vote: In Wisconsin, you can vote absentee – or vote from home – in any election. Request your absentee ballot. (select “Vote Absentee” on the navigation page).
Voter ID: Most Wisconsin voters must show an acceptable Photo ID when voting at the polls on Election Day or by absentee ballot. Learn more about the forms of voter ID that are acceptable.
Make a Difference: Sign up to work the polls on election day by contacting your local municipal clerk office. For more information on registration and voter engagement at Madison College, contact Ellie Rome or Brianna Stapleton Welch.
Wisconsin Spring Primary Election: February 16, 2021
Voter Registration: Same-day registration available on Spring Primary Election Day, February 16, 2021
Absentee Ballot Deadlines
- Request absentee ballot by February 11, 2021 at 5:00 pm
- In-Person absentee ballots may be available at your municipal clerk’s office between February 2, 2021 through February 14, 2021. Office hours vary by municipality. Check on local in-person absentee voting hours.
- Mailed absentee ballots must be returned to the municipal clerk by Spring Primary Election Day, February 16, 2021 o Check with your local municipal clerk to see if there is a drop box where you can return your absentee ballot directly to a polling place or city/town hall.
In Person Absentee Voting Available
- Madison College will host in-person absentee voting (Early Voting) for Madison residents at the Goodman South Campus and the Commercial Avenue Campus February 8th, 10th, and 12th 10am-2pm. You can also return your mail-in absentee ballot to any early voting location to ensure that it is returned directly to the City Clerk.
- Do you live outside of Madison? Look for in person early voting options near your home.